The Top 5 Most Popular Halloween Costumes Of 2022
By: Krishna Kosaraju, Staff Reporter, The Pawprint
This year, most of the top Halloween costumes are influenced by well-known movies and television series. But out of all of them, the witch costume is the most common. This Halloween, witches are firmly in charge. Nonetheless, you probably won’t be the only friendly neighborhood Spider-Man or terrifying fanged vampire on the street if you decide to dress up as a superhero or vintage monster. These two costumes are also among the most popular this month. In 2022, almost 69 percent of Americans anticipate enjoying Halloween, up from 65 percent in 2018. Individually, people intend to spend hundreds of dollars on costumes, candy, decorations, and greeting cards for their Halloween festivities. Scouring the web, here is the list of the top 5 most popular Halloween costumes of 2022.
- Halloween outfits based on Batman characters have long been among the most well-liked at this time of year, thanks to the popularity of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad in years past. Nothing has changed for Halloween in 2022 since the Caped Crusader will continue to be a popular costume thanks to the popularity of the most recent Batman film starring Robert Pattinson.
- The popularity of the ghost costume makes sense given that Halloween is the spookiest of holidays. Nothing brings this celebration back to life after the pandemic like some jangling chains and amiable spirits! In 2022, the majority of adults and children intend to dress as creepy, frightening ghosts. They might buy a creative costume from a Halloween shop, or they could go old school and cut holes in a sheet.
- The vampire costume is among the most well-liked Halloween outfits. People adore Dracula and those that are similar to him for some reason. For Halloween, vampire costumes are a traditional and popular choice. Vampire novels and television shows, like Twilight and True Blood, have been immensely popular recently, insinuating more and more people around the world to dress up as a vampire for this Halloween.
- The “Spider-Man: No Way Home” movie, which was released in December 2021 and featured the comebacks of Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, came in the top 10 highest-grossing movies in American history. Understandably, Spider-Man has been on everyone’s mind for the past few years given the numerous Spider-Man movies that have been released in recent times.
- A witch is the most popular Halloween costume in 2022, perhaps the most traditional and famous costume since the beginning of the holiday. Witch outfits came in first place on our list of the most popular Halloween costumes, which is not surprising given the success of Hocus Pocus 2 and other famous films and TV shows.
Leave a Reply