By: Zina Abdulrahman, Pawzfeed editor, The Pawprint
Dodgeball 7s is a DAA school event, which is part of Spirit Week normally in March each year. Each grade level has a team of girls to play dodgeball and a squad of boys to cheerlead.
The cheerleaders dance at the start of each match for about 2-3 minutes. Then 15 girl players are in the squad but only 7 players from each team are on the court at a time and will go against each other.
Rules of dodgeball:
- The object of the game is to get all the players out by hitting them with a ball
- If the ball is caught without touching the floor then the person who threw it is out
- Players must not lift or support their team-mates in catching, throwing, etc.
- Eliminated players must not interfere with or touch any balls while ‘out’.
- No team is allowed to have all 6 balls on their half of the court for more than 10 seconds.