The Best Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes for Sleepovers!
By: Jessica Merjaneh, Staff Reporter, The Pawprint
Breakfast is something that is taken very seriously around the world. As they say, breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! However, the only thing better than breakfast is sleepovers! Here is one of my favourite pancake recipes, perfect for sleepovers! Ps. the secret ingredient is buttermilk, which makes the pancakes much fluffier and more flavorful.
- Two cups of flour
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Two cups of buttermilk
- Two large eggs lightly beaten
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract(optional)
The time it takes to prepare: 15 minutes
The time it takes to cook: 7 minutes
The total time it takes to make these pancakes: 22 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together
- Add in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk them until they are combined and mostly smooth (However, It’s fine if there are a few lumps)
- Leave the pancake batter to rest for around 10 minutes
- Set the heat to medium-high and heat a large skillet or griddle
- Brush with butter or oil (spray is also okay) with a nonstick frying pan
- For each pancake, pour ⅓ to ½ a cup of batter onto the griddle or skittle
- When little bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Let the pancakes cool and serve with butter, a syrup of your choice, or any other toppings wanted.
Following these specific instructions and measurements gets you a serving of 12 fluffy pancakes which contain a total of about 120kcal (kilocalories). Enjoy!
Leave a Reply