The Best Cake Pops for this Valentines Day
By Ana Chauhan, Chief Editor, The Pawprint
Valentines Day is a widely celebrated holiday. Since it’s become increasingly commercialized, themed gifts have become quite expensive. This recipe is designed to be a unique way to celebrate without causing a dent in your wallet. Abandon the store-bought chocolates for these delicious homemade cake pops this holiday. These cake pops are indulgent, rich, but most importantly, super easy to make!
Ingredients – for 30 pops
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, prepared according to instructions
- 8 oz cream cheese(225 g), softened
- 16 oz white chocolate chips(455 g)
- topping of your choice
What sets this recipe apart is the use of cake mix. Not only does it guarantee a high level of quality for novice bakers, but cuts the preparation time in half.
- Prepare red velvet cake according to instructions on the box.
- In a bowl, crumble the red velvet cake.
- Mix in cream cheese until smooth.
- Roll into 1- to 2-Tbsp.-sized balls, and chill.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Roll the balls in the chocolate to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Decorate! Let the chocolate harden before serving.
With that, you’re done! Not only is this recipe incredibly straightforward, but making it with your loved ones could be a fun way to enjoy Valentine’s Day.
Leave a Reply