Must-Have Festive Hot Chocolate Recipe
By Natalie Shomali, Staff Reporter, The Pawprint
Everybody knows that the key to a successful Christmas is hot chocolate. This rich and creamy drink is bound to ensure you a truly festive winter holiday. Just follow along with the simple and homemade recipe provided below, and you are assured to be preparing this all through winter!
- Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Heavy cream.
- Peppermint candies.
- Food coloring, (optional.)
- Sprinkles, (optional.)
To make the cream…
One day earlier-
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat. Ensure that you don’t allow it to start boiling.
- Add in peppermint candies once steam is coming off of the heavy cream.
- Stir the candies as they melt to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the candies melt, set the mixture to the side for it to cool.
- When cooled, place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Ten minutes earlier-
- Once out of the refrigerator, whip the mixture and you should see peaks forming.
- Continue to whip until you reach your desired consistency.
- If wanted, mix in the food coloring of your choice.
To make the hot chocolate…
- Heat up milk until it is boiling.
- Mix sugar and cocoa powder together inside of the serving cup.
- Pour the milk into the cup and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spoon or an icing bag, top the hot chocolate with your peppermint whipped cream.
- If desired, finish up the cozy cup of hot chocolate with sprinkles.
- If peppermint is not your preferred flavor, just about any candy or chocolate would make a delicious seasoning for the whipped cream.
- Add some hot milk to the cocoa powder and sugar before adding all of the milk in order to have a smoother mixing process.
- For creativity, you may add stripes using your food coloring by dipping a toothpick in the food coloring and making a couple of stripes on each icing bag.
- Make sure that the cream does not reach its boiling point when mixing in the peppermint candies.
Now, sit back and breathe in the cool winter breeze as you drink your festive, delicious hot chocolate.
Leave a Reply