By: Joaquin Heredia, Sports, The Pawprint
Pecan pie is a classic American dessert, enjoyed by millions typically during the Fall season. It’s thought to have come to America after the French settled in New Orleans and discovered the Pecan Nut, then decided to use it in their traditional pie recipes. The sugary delight is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth regardless of if you decide to top it with some delicious Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, or nothing at all!
I’m going to show you how you can make your very own Pecan Pie at home, for you and your family and friends just in time for Thanksgiving!
- Pie Crust (Store bought or Homemade)
- 2 ½ Cups of Pecans
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup of Dark Corn Syrup
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Heavy Cream
- Grab your Pie Crust.
- Roll out the pie crust. Try to make it into a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9×2 inch pie dish and press the sides to your desired design.
- Spread the required amount of pecans inside the pie crust.
- Whisk your Eggs, Corn Syrup, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Butter, Salt, and Cinnamon.
- Pour your mixture into the pie crust over the pecans.
- Slather your pie crust with Egg Wash (Whisk 1 egg with Milk or Heavy Cream)
- Bake. Tent a piece of aluminum foil over the whole pie and Bake for
- Slice and Enjoy. Pecan Pie is best at warm or at room temperature.