Image source – https://www.flickr.com/photos/87735223@N02/24986435693/
In Florida, exploding vape pen killed Tallmadge D’Elia who is 38 years old. According to autopsy report, Tallmadge died because of the fragments that went into his skull as two pieces of the vape pen were found in his cranium. Moreover, the man also suffered from a fire that burned 80% of his body. This accident is believed to be the first US death from a vape pen explosion. However, the US Fire Administration said at least 196 electronic cigarettes exploded from 2009 to 2016 that caused 133 injuries.